What is VSaaS
VSaaS in the Cloud: With VSaaS, a customer views surveillance video through a secure public website or Application that is hosted by the service provider—which is precisely the essence of cloud computing. In fact, it is the rise of cloud capabilities that has made hosted and managed video surveillance possible.
VSaaS involves sending many of the functions of a traditional video surveillance system to a third-party provider. Cameras are installed at the customer’s site, but instead of the video being streamed to on-premises computers or network video recorders (NVRs), it is streamed to systems at the VSaaS provider’s facility. End users can access and view video over the Internet on PC’s and Smart Devices, rather than paying for video management software and hardware.
Benefits of VSaaS
Benefits of VSaaS:
- Guaranteed (offered) highly secure access to video footage from any location on any device with an Internet connection.
- Managed video surveillance requires less time and money spent on managing a system’s hardware
- Minimizes the need for manpower in order to monitor camera feeds – Setup, Configuration and Network Maintenance
- VSaaS can also be much more cost-effective in many environments
- Smaller facilities and in start-up companies that may not have dedicated security staff or the funds to invest in hardware such as NVRs
- Greater flexibility in their video surveillance solution – Hybrid, or Cloud
- Reliability and Redundancy – to achieve a highly redundant and reliable system, you must purchase additional hardware to protect against failures. Having spare hardware lying idle is an expensive way to maximize uptime. Typical cloud systems have several data center locations.
- Lower Power Costs – Better hardware utilization means no idle servers. When you run your own data center, you will rarely fully-utilize your servers. Idle servers waste energy. So the better hardware utilization of the shared infrastructure also means more efficient power use, and the energy costs are lower
- Remote Access – Mobile access to business content is huge. 89 percent of business professionals now have mobile devices connected to their corporate network.
- Security – Cyber-security is top of mind for management. Cyber-security is a double threat for cyber security, both for the physical security system itself and as an attack vector to rest of network.
- Little to no End User Education Necessary
- Strong Market Growth Areas
- Corporations or Business units that wish or have a need to monitor Video from Multiple Remote locations from a single interface.
- healthcare, small businesses, banks, retail and restaurant chains, and the public sector are all examples that have embraced VSaaS.
VSaaS is being driven from low cost, low resolution P2P Cloud Camera Solutions in the residential sector
- Cloud offerings and Managed Services are a top theme moving forward in Surveillance, being driven as a MRR model. Integrators are looking for ways to make up for revenue lost from race to the bottom trends eroding margin and net profit on Cameras and Analytics, and see monthly services as a way to reverse this trend.
- Most Requested Items from Vendors/End Users
- Secure Cloud Viewing – with all the security concerns of users connecting to local NVR’s behind firewalls, we need a more secure solution for remote viewing.
- Cloud Storage – Monthly storage in the cloud MRR
- Could Backup – Customer are being required to store video for longer periods of time which is not cost effective for on-prem systems. Event clips should be warehoused in the cloud for long periods of time.
- Remote Health Monitoring – When is a camera on/off line for dealers.
- Cloud Analytics – Processing and Database for Big Data is not cost effective for on-prem SMB
Surveillance Cloud vs. NVR
Setup any number of locations with video surveillance, connecting them all to a single system that offers access from anywhere in the world, at anytime from any device. Whether you’re setting up a few cameras in a small store or several thousand in a major retail chain, we have your needs covered.
Local NVR (Network Video Recorder) involve technical experience in networking and configuration knowledge and you are at risk of hard drive failures that would erase all your video recordings. With concerns on network security and video privacy rules – remote access is not a proper solution.
Cloud Surveillance Features
- Continuous Recording – All video is recorded and available for playback 24/7 from multiple devices or locations
- Free Applications – we offer free use of iOS and Android applications that can be downloaded from you devices store
- Archive Clips – Permanently store and Share Video Clips in your Cloud Account.
- Event Notification – Get Alerts to Motion or Audio to your iOS & Android Applications and Web Dashboard. Share and Archive events in your Cloud Account.
- Web Dashboard – setup any number of locations with video surveillance, connecting all your sites to a centralized system that offers access from anywhere in the world while keeping your network secure
- Redundant Storage – Never loose video files due to old or failed hard drives. We offer secure redundant storage in the Cloud
- Mobile Streaming – Turn your Cell Phone or Tablet into a Surveillance Camera. Stream video from your Cell Phone or Tablet to your Cloud Account
- SD Backup – Add an AD Card to your Camera in case your Internet Connection goes down. Your Video will be recorded locally on the SD Card and automatically backed up when you internet is back online.
- Secure & Encrypted – We use SSL / TLS to encrypt video from your camera, to the cloud and to device playback
- Plug-n-Play Cameras form NEC -Upgrade Camera FW, Add Secure Token, and Connect to User Cloud Account via Smart App
- Payment Gateway (PCI Level 1) –
- Service Plans (Streaming, 3 Day, 7 Day, 15 Day, 30 Day, Custom on Demand)
- Shop (NEC Cameras for Purchase)
What is Mobile Streaming
Turn your Cell Phone or Tablet into a Surveillance Camera
Mobile Streaming can be used in areas where traditional Surveillance Cameras are not located or you have needs for immediate Real-Time Viewing & Secure Recording.
Who should use:
- Security – Record Video as Security patrols remote areas or personal interventions with employees or intruders
- Facilities – Allow Building Facilities members to record Video of Work in Progress, Issues or Work Validation
- Teachers – Give Staff the ability quickly record events and store them privately in a secure account
- Remote Workers or Technicians – Allow field workers to stream and record video of work progress or issues
Types of Cloud Solutions
NEC Hosted (BLUE Cloud)
Complete Plug-n-Play Solution
- Supports NEC Cameras for a Secure-Direct Connection
- Full Support, Cloud Setup, Maintenance & Monitoring
- Integrated Payment System, and Shop
- Private Video Cloud (BLUE Server)
Run it on your Private Infrastructure
- Complete Storage & Playback
- Your Private Cloud and built for any size and shape
- Hybrid/On-Prem (BLUE Server)
Install the Video Server at your Location
- Sync with the NEC Hosted Platform for Remote Mobile Access
- Local Storage and Playback (NVR)
- Local Video Wall for Real-Time Monitoring
- Support for 3rd Party Cameras
BLUE Server Package will include the following components:
- Streaming Server
- Database Server
- BLUE Cloud back-end (user and admin = dealer levels)
- BLUE Cloud web front-end (user and admin = dealer levels)
- Mini-PC (Celeron 1.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD)
- License – 1 License supports Server and 25 Channels
- Covers Cost of Hardware pre-loaded with all software
- Hybrid and Private get license direct from BLUE Cloud
- Private or No Internet Connection – Cut & Paste from BLUE Cloud
Plug-n-Play Setup Cameras from NEC–
Manual Setup AXIS, Vivotek (Plug-n-Play work in progress)
* These camera will be fully encrypted
* No Network Configuration needed
- See Setup Instructions below ( Camera Setup -Plug-n-Play and Camera Setup – Manual )
How it Works
Our cameras securely stream video to our Cloud Server by uploading live video of each camera to your Cloud Account. When the video is uploaded to the cloud we will store your live video in secure servers for playback. You can also watch this live video on your Smart Device with iOS and Android applications or by logging into your account via web browser. After Video is stored in our servers you can download and view the footage on your phone, tablet or web browser for historical viewing.
NOTE: Your camera will atomically adjust video quality based on the available internet bandwidth
Internet Bandwidth Requirements
Bandwidth refers to the speed of your internet connection. When Streaming your video to the cloud for secure storage, your internet connection’s upload and download speed (bandwidth) are both very important roles.
Rule of Thumb: Each Camera will need 2Mbps of upload bandwidth
Check Your Bandwidth
Always check with your internet service provider to learn about your Internet Service plan’s upload and download speeds. If they don’t meet the requirements you may need to so you should inquire if your provider has other plans that will accommodate these requirements.
NOTE: You should also inquire about data usage with your internet service plan. Make sure there are no data usage caps in place or overage charges
It is recommended that you perform a internet speed test using a PC connected to your network. This will verify your actual upload and download speeds in Mbps and that you have internet connection. Below is a speed check resource from Google.
Click Here: Google Speed Test
Rule of Thumb: Each Camera will need 2Mbps of upload bandwidth
How Much Bandwidth is Used
While our cameras stream video to your cloud account, you will be using your internet service upload bandwidth. This can limit other devices or applications on your network trying to use some of these same internet service bandwidth.
Streaming HD movies, online gaming and file sharing are all activities that need to share your available internet bandwidth. Adding cameras can cause even more competition for bandwidth creating congestion on your internet service connection.
Common Indications that your Internet Connection is Congested:
- Video Playback on your phone, tablet, or computer freezes, or is jittery
- Watching a Video Playback on a good connection and the Video had low quality or looks to be jerky
If you see any of these issues,
- try turning off other internet connected devices and devices to see if this frees up some bandwidth.
- Run the Google Speed Test to verify your connection speed
Cloud Service Plans have different requirements for bandwidth in relation to the desired video quality. The maximum video quality for your camera will be automatically set no matter which plan you choose. Your camera will automatically adjust its resolution and frame rate according to available bandwidth.
See Below for a general idea of how much bandwidth your camera uses based on Camera Plans
|SD (.5Mbps)||HD (1Mbps)||HD+ (2Mbps)|
How Much Download Bandwidth is Used
Download bandwidth is only being used when you are playing back or watching live video on your Smart App or Web Browser. Your camera also use small amounts of bandwidth when downloading Video Clips, updates or updates to cameras.
- Watching video while connected to your Internet Service usually requires the same amount of bandwidth it took to upload the video to the Cloud Service.
- If you are using a Smart Device connected over3G or 4G , the smart application will automatically compensates for slower connection speeds by lowering the video resolution/quality.
- When connected over your Phone’s Cellular Service Plan be aware that you are using your data plan. You should consult with your service provider and make sure that you have an adequate data plan and will not be charged overages.
Note: Regardless of the download connection speed and quality, this will not affect your cameras upload video quality to the cloud.