Setup Cloud P2P (CMS)
Add a Device to CMS from the Local LAN or Network Segment
- Got to Encoding to and select add a new device
- For a Device on a local LAN or Network
- Device Name – Enter an identifiable Name in this Field
- Address – Use the SADP Tool to scan your network for the IP Address of your devices. Most installations you will only need to use your NVR Address.
- Port – default setting will be Port 8000. This can be changed in Network Configuration.
- User Name and Password – Enter your device user name and password (Default User: admin Default Pass: admin12345)
- Enter the requested parameters and press Add
Enable Cloud P2P on your Device (check device type to see if supported)
- Login to your NVR via Web Browser
- Select the Configuration Tab
- Select Network – Advanced Settings
- Select Platform Access
- Under Platform Access Select Enable
- From the Platform Access Mode drop down mode select “Cloud P2P”
- Note – Register Status will show “Offline” until setup is complete
Setup and Create a Cloud P2P Account (Also see Cloud P2P for Smart Phone)
- Launch the CMS Client
- Select Device Management from the home screen
- Under the Server Tab, Select Add New Device Type
- Select Cloud P2P Device
- Create a Cloud Account for you device by selecting Cloud P2P and click “Register”
- Enter Parameters
- Cloud P2P Account – Enter a unique name
- Password – create a unique Password
- Email – enter a email address where you verification code will be sent and your account will be registered to
- Retype the 4 digit code and press “Get Verification Code” – this will be sent to the email address in item C.
- NOTE: if you get invalid email the email might have an account already associated to it. Type a different email address.
- Email Verification Code – Enter the code send to the Email Address entered above
- Press Register
- NOTE: if you get an error account has already be used enter a new Cloud P2P Account Name.
- With successful registration you will get a Login Window requesting you to login. (user your Cloud P2P Account name and Password entered above).
- Add a new Device- select the add a new Device icon.
- Enter you serial number and verification code.
- The Serial Number and Verification Codes can be found on the label on the bottom of your NVR.
- Make sure a proper DNS is setup in the NVR. A good recommendation is Google DNS at 18.104.22.168
- P2P configuration doesn’t provide a static URL to your NCR’s potentially-changing public IP address
- P2P provides a video stream tied a user account not IP Address
- It is more of a simplistic viewing platform as opposed to a DDNS service
- Not Recommended for larger enterprise or corporate networks
- There are some security risks – ask your IT manager
- Video Images are not consistent like DDNS or Static URL configurations
- You may see some but not all video streams and there is a connection timeout, bandwidth and quality limitations while using P2P.